On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 1:52 AM, Georg Baum <georg.b...@post.rwth-aachen.de>
wrote:

> Unfortunately it is not possible to use unsupported math environments in
> LyX
> without putting the whole formula in ERT or do some advanced macro tricks.
> The reason for this is that the native LyX format for math formulas is
> LaTeX. This is implemented in such a way that _everything_ is parsed, so it
> is not possible to have a true ERT in mathed. The parser supports unknown
> commands somewhat (so they appear in red), but not environments.
>
> This is of course a problem and needs to be fixed, but up to now nobody
> worked on it. If it does not exist already please file a bug report at
> http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome to support unknown
> environments
> in math.
>

> Georg
>
> I fully agree with Georg that it is not currently possible to use
unsupported math
environments in LyX without using ERT or macro tricks. I also agree that
this is a
problem that should be fixed (although I can't immediately think of an easy
way to
fix it)...I was simply trying to help Rudi find a workaround that would
make life a bit
more pleasant given the limitations in LyX as it exists today (which is
much better
than using plain LaTeX, in my opinion).

Jacob