On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Will Parsons <varro@nodomain.invalid> wrote:
> I have a table in which I wish some cells to contain multiple
> paragraphs.  I can apparently create separate paragraphs by the normal
> method of hitting Enter, at least as far as it appears within LyX, but
> when I attempt to export to PDF I get a series of errors beginning
> with:
>
>   Paragraph ended before \@item was complete.
>
> and the last three words of the first paragraph are highlighted.
>
> This is with LyX 2.1.0 under FreeBSD.
>
> I'm including a stripped down version of the problem LyX file below.

Hi Will,

Thanks for reporting this. I tried your example and indeed I get an
error when compiling. However if I change the layout from
"Description" to "Standard" (place the cursor in front of the table,
and do <alt + p, s>) then the file compiles fine. Note that the reason
you can enter lines is because in that column you have a fixed width.

I don't know enough about tables or long tables in LaTeX to know if
there is a LyX bug here.

Best,

Scott