Will Parsons <varro <at> nodomain.invalid> writes:

> Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> > Scott Kostyshak writes:
> >>
> >> Another idea is to use a minipage. Go to Insert > Box > Frameless.
> >> Then try putting vertical space in (Insert > Formatting > Vertical
> >> Space).
> >
> > No, this will not work because in a tabular environment \parskip is
> > reset (actually, even \par is redefined). You have to insert
> > \setlength{\parskip}{\bigskipamount}
> > in ERT at the start of the cell.
>
> I can't say I'm delighted at this solution, since it seems like a bit
> of magic (I didn't even know what ERT was), but it *does* work.  So,
> thank you - I think my problem is solved (even if in not quite the
> straightforward way I would have liked).

If you are concerned about the open ERT, you could close it or, if you
don't want to even see it, I can suggest some other dark magic ;)
Place the cursor in the cell and open the table settings.
In the text field of the "LaTeX argument" entry, insert
      >{\setlength{\parskip}{\bigskipamount}}p{4in}
and then apply.
Change \bigskipamount and 4in (this is the cell width) as you like.
This has the added advantage that you paragraphs will also be justified.

--
Enrico