On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 6:53 PM, Enrico Forestieri <for...@lyx.org> wrote:
> Will Parsons <varro <at> nodomain.invalid> writes:

>> I can't say I'm delighted at this solution, since it seems like a bit
>> of magic (I didn't even know what ERT was), but it *does* work.  So,
>> thank you - I think my problem is solved (even if in not quite the
>> straightforward way I would have liked).

In addition to what Enrico said for this specific solution, more
generally I would like to add that you will likely need ERT sooner or
later. LaTeX is such a powerful and flexible language and LyX only
uses part of it.

You might be interested in reading the LyX manuals. You can access
them in Help > ... They explain ERT and get into further details if
you're interested.

Best,

Scott