Hi Basma,

In my experience, Adobe Reader is almost always the PDF viewer of last
resort when using LyX – on Mac, Windows or Linux.

According to this page:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/43057/macosx-pdf-viewer-automatic-reload-on-file-modification

you should be able to just use the default OS X Preview program, but there
are other suggestions in the answers that you could try (e.g. Skim,
TeXShop).

Cheers

Shay