On 05/10/2014 1:38 PM, stefano franchi wrote:

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org
<mailto:sp...@lyx.org>> wrote:

    Am Sonntag 05 Oktober 2014, 10:49:47 schrieb stefano franchi:
    > I have no idea what is going on. The only logical answer, in my mind, is
    > that there are some cached results still lying somewhere. But where?

    I think biber is also caching things.

That may be the case, as I have now solved the problem (but not found an
explanation yet).
So it turns out I had a bunch of auxiliary files related to the failing
document in the document's own directory. But none related to  its
successful twin. (These files were left over from the command line
compilations). Once I deleted those, compilation finally succeeded.

I think the explanation is that you suffered from this issue: http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8000

Cheers,
Julien