On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Julien Rioux <jri...@lyx.org> wrote:

> On 05/10/2014 1:38 PM, stefano franchi wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org
>> <mailto:sp...@lyx.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     Am Sonntag 05 Oktober 2014, 10:49:47 schrieb stefano franchi:
>>     > I have no idea what is going on. The only logical answer, in my
>> mind, is
>>     > that there are some cached results still lying somewhere. But where?
>>
>>     I think biber is also caching things.
>>

>> That may be the case, as I have now solved the problem (but not found an
>> explanation yet).
>> So it turns out I had a bunch of auxiliary files related to the failing
>> document in the document's own directory. But none related to  its
>> successful twin. (These files were left over from the command line
>> compilations). Once I deleted those, compilation finally succeeded.
>>

> I think the explanation is that you suffered from this issue:
> http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8000

Thanks Julien,

that sounds exactly right. I was not aware of this LaTeX behavior
(TEXINPUTS, etc). It would indeed be great if LyX could produce a warning
when it finds itself  in such a situation (old bbl file in doc's dir). It
would have certainly saved me a few hours of work.

Cheers,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi

stefano.fran...@gmail.com <stef...@tamu.edu>