Thanks, Jürgen.

In Jabref I have set
options>preferences>general>default encoding>
UT > ok
but it still gives me the wrong u-Umlaut
What should I do?

Wolfgang

Am 14.10.2014 um 14:52 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:

  I must have done something wrong with the encoding of my bib file; I am
getting instead of mutated vowels a combination of characters both in the
lyx file as well as in the pdf output (see attached). I am using Jabref as
the reference manager and Kubuntu.
Is this a matter of the setting in the jabref, and which one, or of the
setting in lyx, and which one?

It looks line you use utf8 encoding for the bib file. I suggest you use
latin9 or whatever your document uses, instead (traditional bibtex and
bibtex8 cannot deal with utf8 encoding properly, anyway).

Jürgen

Wolfgang

<http://dict.leo.org/#/search=vowel&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on>