On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> >>>>> "Fred" == Fred Hucht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> 
> Fred> Hi folks,
> 
> Fred> in LaTeX, I often used to enclose inline maths in \mbox,
> Fred> i.e. \mbox{$J=1$}, to prevent LaTeX from line-breaking the
> Fred> equation. Is this (easily) possible in LyX? It would be nice to
> Fred> have either a command like math-no-linebreak which could be
> Fred> applied to the equation, or some magic "~ " which would prevent
> Fred> line-breaks at a certain point.
> 
> This is not possible currently. So your best bet is to add the \mbox
> around the equation as plain LaTeX. Since this kind of kludge is only
> needed rarely, this should not be too much of a problem, I think.
>
> JMarc

Well, I am one of these sick theorists who loves it to put many inline
math into papers, and line-breaking occures rather often at least for
me... But if no-one else have problems with it, I loose :-/

Fred

Fred Hucht, Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Duisburg, Germany
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://WWW.thp.Uni-Duisburg.DE/
"Der Koerper der algebraischen Zahlen ist kein algebraischer Zahlkoerper"
(E. Landau, Zahlentheorie (1927), Satz 718)

Reply via email to