Hi LyXers,

I again have problems with plain TeX in math mode: I'll try to enter
\|, but LyX bumps out of TeX mode at several characters including
|. This problem is related to the one posted by me some weeks ago, I
tried to include a \ref into math mode, but the argument of \ref{} is
not handled as plain TeX because LyX again bumps out of TeX mode after
the {. The same problem (also reported) occured when I tried to enter
german umlaute into math text mode, where it was not possible to enter
\"u, as the " threw me out of TeX mode (the 8bit � didn't work, either
:-().

Wouldn't it be better to stay in TeX mode up to the next space, and
even allow spaces in math modes TeX mode via something like
<Ctrl><Space>? In the present form one is urged to use
\newcommand{\bla}{some neat \TeX stuff}
and refer to \bla in math mode.

Suggestions/Comments?

Nevertheless, I really like LyX! (Else I would not send so many bug
reports :-)

Have fun,

     Fred

Fred Hucht, Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Duisburg, Germany
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://WWW.thp.Uni-Duisburg.DE/
"Der Koerper der algebraischen Zahlen ist kein algebraischer Zahlkoerper"
(E. Landau, Zahlentheorie (1927), Satz 718)

Reply via email to