>>>>> "Fred" == Fred Hucht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Fred> Hi LyXers,

Fred> I again have problems with plain TeX in math mode: I'll try to
Fred> enter \|, but LyX bumps out of TeX mode at several characters
Fred> including |. This problem is related to the one posted by me
Fred> some weeks ago, I tried to include a \ref into math mode, but
Fred> the argument of \ref{} is not handled as plain TeX because LyX
Fred> again bumps out of TeX mode after the {. The same problem (also
Fred> reported) occured when I tried to enter german umlaute into math
Fred> text mode, where it was not possible to enter \"u, as the "
Fred> threw me out of TeX mode (the 8bit � didn't work, either :-().

Fred> Wouldn't it be better to stay in TeX mode up to the next space,
Fred> and even allow spaces in math modes TeX mode via something like
Fred> <Ctrl><Space>? In the present form one is urged to use
Fred> \newcommand{\bla}{some neat \TeX stuff} and refer to \bla in
Fred> math mode.

The problem is that mathed does not have a TeX mode, but a `macro'
mode. This means that it is only useful to enter a macro like \foo,
not a complete TeX snippet. I'm not sure that adding real TeX mode
would be easy.

JMarc

Reply via email to