>>>>> "John" == John Weiss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

John> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes writes:
>>  It occured to me that, since floats all share similar properties,
>> they could be defined in textclasses, so that adding new ones is
>> easy. This could be done with a FloatStyle...End construct similar
>> to the following:
 
John> [fine example snipped]

John> This is an idea I also mentioned, and some time ago.  So
John> obviously I think it's a Fine Idea. :)

Sorry, I missed it at the time...

>> The list of floats would of course be separate from the list of
>> layouts.

John> Do you mean read in separately and applying to all classes?  Or
John> will it still be parsed by the existing layout engine?  Or some
John> combination?

Well, it would still be parsed by the layout engine. I just meant that
float styles should be clearly separated from paragraph styles.

JMarc

PS: btw, are these things a `style' (as the syntax of textclasses
suggests), a `layout' (as many of us, and the source, say), or an
`environment' (as the doc says, but which can be misleading for LaTeX
users)?

Reply via email to