From: "Ron Wiesen" <ronwie...@att.net>
To: "'Model 100 Discussion'" <m100@lists.bitchin100.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: [M100] New command line tool for TPDD and TPDD2

Hello Mike:

As I recall, the "Utility Diskette" of the TPDD and the "Utility Diskette"
of the TPDD2 are formatted as boot diskettes, rather than as data diskettes.
Their boot records, that originate as sector 0 and have a special
lead-character in their file name, house their disk service: Floppy.CO (a
HIMEM system) in the case of the TPDD, and FLOPPY (a MAXRAM system) in the
case of the TPDD2.

There are a few ordinary files included on each "Utility Diskette" which can
simply be inloaded.  But the disk drive boot procedure is what inloads and
installs the disk service.

At least that is my recollection.

73 de WD8PNL,
Author of TEENY,
Keeper of the Primordial Bit (born of the Big Bit Bang),
-= Ron Wiesen =-