The problem isn’t so much the compile as what packages are installed on
your machine. Even if we release binaries that doesn’t mean it will run.

What we really need is Debian and Redhat packages released and kept up to
date. That would solve the problem since packages include metadata about
dependencies. So then all you do is tell your package manager to install
and it brings along everything you need

I think we could do a better job of publishing how tos for each OS.
Building and installing programs from source isn’t so hard once you know a
100% working recipe for your system.

— John.