On Sun, Feb 04, 2018 at 09:24:19PM +0000, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
> The problem isn’t so much the compile as what packages are installed on
> your machine. Even if we release binaries that doesn’t mean it will run.
>
> What we really need is Debian and Redhat packages released and kept up to
> date. That would solve the problem since packages include metadata about
> dependencies. So then all you do is tell your package manager to install
> and it brings along everything you need
>
> I think we could do a better job of publishing how tos for each OS.
> Building and installing programs from source isn’t so hard once you know a
> 100% working recipe for your system.
>
> — John.

Do you have pointers to Linux-based tools that are worthy of
packaging? I'm not a huge Model 100 user, but I maintain Fedora
packages for a number of CoCo-related tools, FWIW...

John
--
John W. Linville                Someday the world will need a hero, and you
linvi...@tuxdriver.com                  might be all we have.  Be ready.