It's possible that I may have screwed up somewhere and forgotten to pad the
shorter file names? I had a similar issue with short directory names and
just needed to add a routine to pad it out with extra spaces. It'd be
interesting to see what the directory reference return looks like when
TpddTool sends the file name reference command.

It could also be trying to use directory reference features that I never
implemented, since my initial use case was strictly TS-DOS. For example, I
don't have any code for "seeking backwards" in the directory. TS-DOS never
uses it.

Heheh, no worries. :P