The idea is a modernized M100 and DVI setup. An Android phone/tablet can be
plugged into a television via USB to use the TV as a display. I have done this
with my Tab3 and a Samsung 3 device BT keyboard. My Android phone is a $20 LG
that does not have the "smarts" to pass the display via USB to the television.
The problem is using the data with the phone while away from the TV.

mComm does provide a solution to the portable storage issue, but Google
"contributions" to Android are just plain annoying. Both my Android devices are
4.4.2 and dated. A lot of apps need at least 5.0 and been conveniently
outdated. The devices still work, but you have to use the browser instead of
apps. Modifying/Rooting either would void warranty (at least on my phone) and
I'd rather not enjoy Google's "help" much in the same as I would prefer to
avoid "help" from Microsoft or Apple. The ZeroPhone is a rather inexpensive
build that one could control OS and apps.

There was once the Asus PadFone that allowed you to slide an Asus Android phone
into the back of a larger display/tablet (a matched set). It never caught on
as, I think, it was a late entry into the Tablet market. My thinking is to use
the ZeroPhone as storage with mComm, or the like, while out in the wild. Then,
once returned to office/home, plug the ZeroPhone into a larger display (TV)
with BT keyboard et al. This would give a real keyboard while out that I know
and love while also providing a somewhat comfortable experience later at home.
All without having to fiddle with SD sticks or too many cables and wires to
plug one computer into another just transfer the data between the two. It would
be especially inconvenient when/if the data needs to go back to the M100 again
to carry it out. Backup storage could be attached at home/office to the
ZeroPhone. In the end the ZeroPhone would be the "CPU" of the main desktop
(DVI) and run mComm or the like when out.

God Bless,

GregS <><