The service / technical manual has a very clean troubleshooting
procedure for this LCD issue in section 5.  For Vee (-5 rail) check
D15, C85, D14. Given that the problem has a time correlation to it, my
money is on C85.

The service manuals for these machines are EXCELLENT. I highly
encourage anyone working on a 100/102/200 to refer to them:

http://www.club100.org/library/libdoc.html

-Josh