In the Option Rom, I push all the code from the ROM to the ALTLCD, then I
populate 65215 & 65216 with the memory location 64448 which is the first byte
of the ALTLCD. That turns the LINE feature in the NEC Basic on. So whenever the
Line function is called, it jumps to the code that is in ALTLCD.

That allows me to put a piece of BASIC code at the beginning of the program
that requires LINE. That one liner, calls the 7 byte loader code which
populates the ALTLCD with the LINE code before it starts. And when the program
is finished, ALTLCD can be used for whatever it needs to be used for.

Kurt