Hi,

I usually use my M100 at least once or twice a week but I was away for
almost a full month, and when I turned it on yesterday, it decided to
take a break :o(

When I turned it on, it was OK for about 3-4 seconds (the time for me
to look at the menu clock, and to check on my watch it was still on
time) and then the screen become white with a few black lines (notably
the first and last lines).

I pressed a few keys, hoping for a refresh problem, and then used the
RESET button, which cleared the screen (I could still see the white
pixels when turning the contrast dial all the way up though).
I tried a few time to power OFF/power ON, or to do a cold reset
(Shift+Break+RESET) but the result didn't change: Every time I got
either a totally white screen or a white screen with a few black
blocks (here is a picture: http://pics.lefauve.org/M100-Blocks.jpg ).

I tried to press ENTER + beep + ENTER to check if only the display was
affected but I got no beep.

I also tried to remove the REX but it didn't have any effect at all.

I checked the batteries (5.5V) and tried new ones. Still no changes.

Any idea what I should try next?

That was my "good" M100, so I really hope I'll be able to fix it.
Eric

PS: The whitish square visible on the picture was already there before
the problem. It's usually clearer than the rest of the screen, but the
text is still visible (probably one of the LCD controllers about to
die...).