I was able to compile virtualT1.7, as it stands on Sourceforge, using the
instructions at club100, on the following system

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
FLTK 1.3.5 obtained from FLTK site
GCC 4.8.4

I got a few warnings but no errors.
seems to work in linux.

Why I am doing this:  extend VirtualT to support REXCPM.  I'll keep my
updates separate until such time as there is a new release planned.

cheers
Steve