I vaguely recall a few months back someone talking about some kind of MIDI with their M100.

I've got a Roland MT-32 and a couple PMA-5s, and I got to wondering how I could interface them to my M100, then maybe write some MIDI player/editor software.

Just saw a video tutorial on YouTube where Bisqwit wrote a MIDI player program for DOS in GW-BASIC.

A serial port interface, assuming one could be built, would be fast enough; iirc MIDI communicates at the same speed as HTerm.

A parallel port interface might be more convenient, if possible...

I've been reading recent threads about someone using the cassette interface as a secondary display interface. I suppose maybe that could be used, instead, too...

Now I'm wondering if a MIDI keyboard could be interfaced via the bar code reader port?

If so... PMA-5 connected via serial, parallel or cassette port, MIDI keyboard connected via barcode port, custom software... portable MIDI DAW...

So is this idea crazy? Impossible? Waste of time?