Hi everyone

I thought I'd reply to this one and reply to MikeS at the same time.

Again sorry for the double post, I was tired and using my phone, always a
bad combination.

So MikeS has a 2ft long cable, I'm not sure if this is shielded or not.
Mike can you let us know?

Brian, yes my cable did come from Arcadeshopper, it's a lovely cable,
though I'll be honest I'm not sure how much I trust myself before bending a
pin on that connector :-P

The home made cable that came with the DVI kept dropping connection, as I
have a replacement I don't feel so bad about experimenting with it. My plan
was to chop the IDC connector off the end and solder a new length of cable
to it. MikeS has set the bar with his 2 foot long cable, mine shouldn't be
that long but it will have a join in it and my experience is that where
ever you solder two wires together, you get a drop. Whether it is enough to
upset communication between computer and DVI is something I guess I'm going
to find out.