200 option rom is the same socket and same pinout.

But the main rom isn't just a 27C256. There is a 2nd chip also for something like 40 KB total. But I don't know more than that so maybe the 32KB main rom can still be considered like any other single chip main rom and the extra 8k is fully separate application code (Multiplan), or maybe there is code mixed across both chips.

That still wouldn't prevent doing a date patch on just one chip if you didn't change anything else, and if both date digits were in the same chip.

But for instance the REX main rom feature docs show how it's more complicated to disable the main rom and take over it's function, as you have to disable 2 chips and watch 2 /CS lines that used to go to them. This probably explains why 200 ram banks are only 24K max, not 32.

On 3/13/20 2:23 PM, Mike Stein wrote:

Yeah, I was just wondering whether it's in a socket and if the option ROM mechanism is the same; sounds like yes?

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Kurt McCullum <mailto:ku...@fastmail.com>
    *To:* m100@lists.bitchin100.com <mailto:m100@lists.bitchin100.com>
    *Sent:* Friday, March 13, 2020 2:06 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [M100] T-102 is here!

    T200 is a standard 27C256 ROM. I did a patch on mine before I sold it.

    On Fri, Mar 13, 2020, at 10:51 AM, Mike Stein wrote:

    There's at least one solution for the two versions of the M100
    that lets you both add TS-DOS in ROM and also patch the main ROM
    with the Y2K and a couple of other fixes.

    Unfortunately in the T102 it requires unsoldering the system ROM,
    not something everyone's keen or comfortable doing.

    I've never looked at the T200 to see what It would require.