Sounds like we (I) need to create a debug version of NEWDOS to figure out where it is getting lost or something.

Ken

On 3/31/20 2:56 PM, Joshua O'Keefe wrote:
Great idea!  Let me go try that...

Doing this caused it to work once! I went to go fish some RAM files out of a
Rex backup and upon returning to NEWDOS: hang again.

Cold resetting and re-re-loading to REX didn't restore the functionality, nor
did restarting my TPDD emulator.

The fact that it works once suggests there's some kind of state change
somewhere along the line, but I'm not clear where.  I've tried resetting the
state of LaddieAlpha (which was the only persistent thing between attempts)  at
each step, but it doesn't change the story.

If I can get it back into "work once" mode I'll try to see if the causal action
is invoking rexmgr, which is common to all these tries.