thanks Peter, I'll try to replicate your bug.  I think you are saying that
after renaming a file, the function key name tags were not visible?

You are correct that software testing is a challenge.  The biggest
challenges are
(1) Support for multiple models, especially mult-bank support.  This was
very challenging to implement and required major differences between NEC
and T200, and M100.  It is so complex that it really expanded the needed
test cases.
(2) lack of automation.  Testing requires me to have all the hardware,
updated, and manually run through every scenario.  As REX got more features
this became a lot more challenging.

what I am doing about it-
1)  I'm capping development of REX Classic.  It does what it does now, and
bug fixes hopefully will approach zero.
2)  I'm introducing a new REX variant called REX# (REX Sharp).  This
variant is simpler, it eliminates features that are problematic to maintain
and have little value, while keeping the best capabilities.

REX#  Summary  (soon to be online at the REX wiki)
* low manufacturing cost, hence much lower price (especially when bundled
with REXCPM)
* increases the # of available blocks from 24 to 28
* includes Brian's PCB2MOLEX Carrier for increased reliability and
convenience
* based on REXMGR Rel 4.9 (build 258)
* All the same features as REX Classic EXCEPT
---> supports RAM and ROM types only; no "OS" and no "SYS"
---> operates in Bank 1 only (NEC and T200)  (no "multi-bank" operation -
much simpler!)
---> eliminates "Main ROM Management" feature.  In my opinion this is
problematic and unnecessary.
---> eliminates some functions (Date/time, Sort)
---> added a build number to the REX information display, so we don't have
to memorize Checksums.