I have here a PG Design ROM expansion that fits T102.

The unit has 4 molex sockets with the 100/200 pinout to take standard
option roms, and 4 regular dip sockets with apparently regular 27C256
pinout.

All 4 regular sockets are filled with this Sardine Plus, which look like
standard ceramic uv-erasable 27C256. I haven't peeled up the stickers but
you can see the shape of the glass window under the sticker.

The Molex sockets have UR2 and Multiplan.

The option rom connection is kind of interesting. It uses a bog standard
chip carrier with a very custom looking part hot-glued to it.

The board has a button cell battery just like PG Design ram expansions. On
the ram expansions the battery is to preserve the ram. There is no ram (nor
any place for ram) on this board and no system bus connection, just the
option rom connection. I did look on both sides of the board. I guess it
must just be to remember the currently selected rom?

Or maybe the 4 standard sockets can also be used for ram in a different
configuration of the same board? There is a 2nd unpopulated 4 pin header
that could be a system bus connection I guess.

2 questions,

Has this version of Sardine been archived yet? Shall I dump those 4 eproms?
I only know of a ram/disk version, not a version that comes on 4 roms. This
lot came with the original manuals for UR2 and Sardine and thebrest of the
Travelling Software stuff in UR2, but nothing about the expansion board.
Neither the UR2 nor Sardine books says anything about a version of Sardine
entirely in rom. The directions only include directions for a rom version
that comes in the form of a single rom and a disk, or a ram version that
comes in the form of 2 disks. And note about using Sardine from UR-2, in
which case you need UR-2 plus the 2 disks for the RAM version. None of
those 3 possible cases covers this thing with 4 roms and no disks.

I wonder if this copy of UR-2 is special too? How could it make use of
these roms? The normal UR-2 must just look for a file on a TPDD, which this
isn't? So either all copies of UR-2 also check for the possible existence
of this hardware and just silently fail over to looking for TPDD when they
don't see it, or this particular copy is special for this hardware and this
Sardine kit? I'll dump this UR-2 to compare with the standard archived one.

Which leads to question 2,

Anyone know how to activate this board? I put a new battery in it and tried
"call 63013,1" but it has no apparent useful effect. The screen just goes
back to the main menu. No new menu entry for UR-2 or PLAN or an anything
else. Available ram didn't drop. The lot came with a box of TS books for
UR-2 and each of the individual apps in it. Those include only the normal
directions like when you just have a single UR-2 rom right in the option
rom socket the normal way. IE call 63013,1 , nothing about the expansion
pack.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5y9FpfrhPKrqkPXRA

Also my FlexROM did it's job. This 102 (not the one that came with the lot)
has the wire hooked up so that REX provides the main rom. Normally that
would mean you could no longer remove the REX. But I just connected the 2
wires in the optrom bay, which essentially re-connects the internal main
rom, and I could remove the REX and put something else in the optrom socket.