I like this idea.

> Similarly with the video output for the M100 LCD. I was envisaging STD,
> ADM3a, USER. (ADM3a was an early cursor-controlled screen popular with
> CP/M).  This will allow much more software to run on the M100 LCD,
> albeit 40 col, not 80.

So this is a switch for toggling the behavior of the internal LCD between its
native control codes and ADM3a control codes (and user-defined control codes)?
Sounds useful as well, although would this add a lot of processing overhead?

> One improvement I'll make (and I'm surprised no one has mentioned) is
> for M100 CP/M to boot-up in its previous configuration, eg if video is
> directed to RS-232 or CASS, it will do that for subsequent boots. Same
> with cursor flash & scroll lock settings.

I actually wanted this almost immediately, but didn't ask because I'm so happy
to have what we've got :) and don't want to be too demanding for more.  If you
do implement this, may I suggest that when entering CP/M with the console
device set to something other than the LCD, it might be good to display a
message on the LCD to the effect of 'Console on RS-232' or 'Console on BCR'
etc. so that if the user forgets it was previously set that way they won't be
banging their heads against the wall trying to 'fix' their broken CP/M install
because it doesn't seem to be booting...

        jim