Hello,

Got my unit back (from cap rework) and the Deox(sp?) arrived so will be
trying to fix the POT for the brightness and the memory switch.    WIll
reply back with updates after I've done some work with that.

HOWEVER....

The next question I have is what works to help restore the clear plastic
over the display (I've heard rumors about using the headlight defog stuff
for surfaces like that... but no idea if it's safe) and then what to do
with the white that is both dirty and faded.   Is there a retro-brite
approach?  Or something better?   I've had the case apart as I work on the
other two parts, so would be a good time to work on the case...

Thanks!

Earl

P.S. I've got a battery and Rex ordered for the unit.... so those will be
attacked after I finish with the items above...