Good point Lloyd -- and how I'll likely proceed. Backpack is very cool and
a great interim solution.

Would be neat if there was such a thing as an RS-232 -> WiFi printer
spooler that just sat on the RS-232 and sent print jobs to the local wifi
printer. I did a quick search and couldn't see anything of the sort
available, and I'm sure developing it would not be that easy, even using
microcontrollers like the ESP8266 etc.

--Brad

On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 9:27 PM Lloyd Johnson <lloydel...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> Brad,
>

> Thanks.    Incidentally, until you get a printer, you can always send the
> output to the RS-232 port and capture it with your desk top computer and
> print it from there.   That is basically how I debugged and developed the
> program since my dot matrix printer is not in my office where I did the
> programming.   Of if you have the backpack TPDD just specify a filename and
> then move it to the SD.
>

> Lloyd

Brad Grier