Jamie,

Just wanted to check and see if you were successful in getting some new zebra
strips made.

Jeff Birt

From: M100 <m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com> On Behalf Of Jamie Nichol
Sent: Tuesday, July 6, 2021 6:34 PM
To: m...@bitchin100.com
Subject: [M100] New zebra strips for M100 display — any interest?

Hey All,

I do consumer product R&D as my day job.  I’ve admired the M100 as a brilliant
product for the past decade or so, and just picked up a really sad example that
I’m trying to resuscitate.

A couple of weeks ago I had a some fine-pitch prototype zebra strips made up to
fit the M100 LCD (see pic).  The first prototypes are about 0.3mm too tall.
I’ll likely have another set of prototypes run with an adjusted height.

I have two questions:

Is there enough interest here on the list to justify an order of 1000 pieces or
so?  (Likely price is a few dollars each strip — more to come on price.)

Do any of you have dead LCDs that you would be wiling to sacrifice to the
testing gods?  I would like to see ten or so LCDs improved by an upgrade to the
new strips before placing a bigger order.

—Jamie