Sorry for the delay in response. Work + medical issues here...

I'm not really clear on what you're looking for.

If you want on-machine assembers the best is in the ROM II expansion ROM. It's
available as an image and works with REX. Other than that there are a couple of
assembers written in BASIC but I haven't tried them and YMMV.

For cross assemblers, what's the host OS?

Anyway, a brief glance at your code looks like you're targetting CP/M's ASM.COM
so (afaik) the most compatible UNIX cross assembler is ASM80 which you can get
from my web page, http://www.sdc.org/~goosey/unix/asm80-2020-10-06.tar.gz

There is also ZMAC which I don't have a handy url for sorry. z80 but it has a
handy flag to show z80-only opcodes as errors for 8080 use!

Also ASxxxx includes 8080. This is a big one, has crosss assemblers for like
almost all the 8-bit CPUs... http://shop-pdp.net/

The old standard dos/windows assember is TASM (telemark asm aka table asm)
sorry I don't have a url for that one. the Virtual T emulator INCLUDES an
assember but I don't know anything about it.

(if you're using RISC OS there's zmac (again no url) and my asm80 at
...riscos/asm80... )

 if you're going to use asm80/zmac/asx/tasm may I suggest my header files that
document a lot of the ROM API for you?
http://www.sdc.org/~goosey/m100/m100def-2020-05-09.zip (new version with Tandy
200 support RSN (i promise! :))

Even CP/M's ASM.COM would work fine.

All of these (except virtualT i'm sure) generate bog standard intel HEX files,
and there are BASIC  and BASIC/assem loaders to create a .CO from the hex
files. GNU objcopy also works. Somebody had a neat python script to turn HEX
into a BASIC program that does its own loading but I lost track of that one. :-(