On Mon, Aug 29, 2022 at 4:03 PM Dan Higdon <therealh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have source to a LaddieAlpha type TPDD "server" program, but
> written in Microsoft Basic?

Not that I'm aware of. That said TPDD servers were made for other home
computers and laptops than our Model T universe and PCs.

> I have this idea to have a CP/M machine (in this case, a recently built
> Altair clone) act as a file server for my ModelT. This is obviously just a
> "for the fun of it" project with little practical value, but I thought it
> would be worth asking here if anyone had already done something like this.
>
> I suppose a relevant followup question would be, "what com settings are
> necessary to support TPDD?" (baud rate, bits, etc.) I think that my target
> machine can't do serial comms faster than 9600, so maybe this project is
> impossible.

19200bps, 8-bit, no parity, 1 stop bit, disabled flow control.

Though my recollection is a real TPDD-1 can be set to 9600, a Brother
FB-100 is locked at 9600, Purple Computing drive can be set for 9600baud.
If it matters I can confirm.

-- John.