Got it and I appreciate the positive atmosphere!

On 10/19/22 2:06 PM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 11:55 AM Will Senn <will.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi John,

    Thanks, but no worries, I didn't take offense. Unfortunately, I'm
    not a hardware guy, so I need to be steered to a better site for
    these things! the resistor is pennies on the dollar, it's those
    blasted cables that cost...

    Will

I understand.

This is a 99% unmoderated list but we try to keep discussion nice and positive, helpful, no swearing, no politics, high signal to noise, minimal metadiscussion (I know, like this post), etc. When it goes off the rails I see the unsubscribes start to mount almost immediately.

Every once in a while things get out of hand and I have to flip a moderation bit or two.

I don't always succeed, sometimes I make things worse, but I endeavor to put out flames quickly.

Ultimately it takes everyone to maintain the atmosphere though.

I think overall we manage to get it right.

-- John.