I would NOT recommend the black carbonized foam for storage. We used to use
that type where I worked as a Component Level computer tech for our
"Component Inventory" many decades ago. It will turn the legs of I.C.s and
transistors black after a few months if you stick them into the foam,
requiring cleaning with a mild abrasive before soldering (risking static
damage). It may be a solution for shipment only.

The other foam looks like High Density Styrofoam, as used in the building
trades for wall insulation. I have seen it both light blue and pink, used
for the purposes you mention, and have never trusted it as styrofoam is
inherently very staticy, even with anti-static additives. I have seen some
people wrap that foam in aluminum foil first before poking any leaded
components into it. This may be a shipment only solution.

I have always used the plastic anti static tubes (rails) that the
manufacturers sell their components in, or the anti-static poly and
mylar bags that DigiKey and other distributors use. With "through hole"
components not being as popular as they once were, and "surface mount"
components now the "norm", your best solution would be the anti-static poly
and mylar bags easily found with an Internet search.

Regards,

PeterN