Interesting.  Yes, for shipping I've also used the tubes as well in the
past.  Just sometimes it's a pain to cut them to length for one or two
chips.  I just figured that high density styrofoam was actually
anti-static, and if it isn't then I certainly don't want to use it.
 Thanks for the advice, Peter!

Gary