You can use the verbose syntax to ignore a specific goal from being
executed during an Eclipse build:

https://www.eclipse.org/m2e/documentation/m2e-execution-not-covered.html#ignore-plugin-goal

I suggest you look at the effective pom of your project to find where the
deploy goal is being executed (it's probably wrongly attached to a phase
m2e executes)

And if that fails, then http://goo.gl/tnBgH5