Try this:

On the machine details page:

1. Delete all partitions on /dev/sde
2. Set /dev/sde as the boot disk.
3. Create a new partition on /dev/sde and mount it.

You should get a /dev/sde with a MBR partition where grub installs
correctly. If MAAS assumes that your machine needs a GPT partition on the
boot disk then its because it is UEFI booting from MAAS. If that is the
case you should create a "/boot/efi" partition so grub-efi can be installed.

I would also check your BIOS to make sure your consistent on your booting
method. Ensure that your system is booting UEFI for network and local
storage, or make it boot legacy (MBR) for network and local storage.