Shouldn't make a difference on ports, just unplug and re-plug it and see if it
sees it.

As for .zip files, just v o spacebar on the file or since this is in an e-mail
save it over to some place else such as desktop or documents v o spacebar on it
and it should unzip. the new file should show up next to the .zip file.  Simple
as that, unless it's something like a rar file then you would want the
unarchiver which can get those.