Hi Dennis,

I'm not sure what you mean by "new BlueTooth IMac keyboard but with a nifty 
little bluetooth numeric keypad that locks into the main keyboard." I think you 
mean that you're using an Apple Wireless Keyboard and that maybe you have 
something like the Cropmark LMP Bluetooth Keypad attached to it.  If this is 
the case, then you're asking what the standard Mac laptop shortcuts are for 
Home, End, Page Up, and Page Down, since the Apple Wireless Keyboard is exactly 
like the MacBook Pro keyboard, and is almost exactly like the MacBook Air 
keyboards.  (Since 2011 the MacBook Air keyboards removed the "eject" key, 
which was on the F12 key of earlier MBA models; there's no space for a separate 
power button above the top row of keys.)

You access these keys by pressing the arrow keys in combination with the "Fn" 
key in the bottom left corner of the keyboard.  The bottom row of keys are: Fn 
Ctrl Option Cmd Space bar Cmd Option and then the half-height arrow keys in an 
inverted T shape.
Fn+Left Arrow           "Home"
Fn+Right Arrow          "End"
Fn+Up Arrow     "Page Up"
Fn+Down Arrow           "Page Down"

Other combinations are:
Fn+Delete       "Forward Delete" (character)
Fn+Option+Delete       "Forward Delete" (word)
Fn+Return       "Enter"

This means that on a laptop if you want to go to the first element of a list, 
table, or web page (such as in the Mail Messages table), the command 
VO+Shift+Home is VO+Fn+Shift+Left Arrow, and moving to the last element with 
VO+Shift+End is VO+Fn+Shift+Right Arrow.  (Without the Shift key you are simply 
moving to the first or last "visible" element, which might not be the true 
beginning or end of a table).

On my laptops I use Fn+Down Arrow to cycle through the three sections of the 
Dock: Applications, Files & Folders, and Trash.  You can use Fn+Up Arrow to 
cycle through in the reverse direction, or you can add a press of the Shift key 
with either of these shortcut key combinations to reverse the direction.  I 
also use Fn+Left Arrow to the move to the first Application in the Dock and 
Fn+Right Arrow to move to the Trash.

You can also select text by blocks of pages with Shift+Fn+Down Arrow or Up 
Arrow, which is different from selecting from the present position to the 
bottom or top of a document (Shift+Command+Down Arrow or Up Arrow).

My experience with the Bluetooth numeric keypad is that when first paired I 
could use NumPad Commander combinations, but as soon as I needed to use a key 
like "escape" on the regular wireless keyboard -- for example, if I had turned 
on keyboard help mode with VO+k, and now wanted to exit this mode -- I could 
only use the unmodified NumPad Commander combinations.  Let me know if this is 
not the case.  The issue, I believe, is that keyboards on the Mac are 
identified by pressing certain keys, assuming that a full keyboard is present.  
And I think that when I press the "Escape" key on the regular Apple Wireless 
Keyboard, the system somehow thinks that this is a keyboard without a numeric 
keypad.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther
On Jul 28, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Dennis Freedman wrote:

> Hi folks
> I must be getting old because every time I try to switch completely from 
> Windows to IMac I forget shortcuts. help please with my setup:
> Using the new BlueTooth IMac keyboard but with a nifty little bluetooth 
> numeric keypad that locks into the main keyboard.
> Think I've got the NUMPAD layout set up correctly but can't work out which 
> combination of function key and numpad keys to use for Home, End, PageUp, 
> PageDown etc.
> 
> Any help welcomed please.
> Dennis.
> 

<--- Mac Access At Mac Access Dot Net --->

To reply to this post, please address your message to [email protected]

You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum at 
either the list's own dedicated web archive:
<http://mail.tft-bbs.co.uk/pipermail/mac-access/index.html>
or at the public Mail Archive:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/>.
Subscribe to the list's RSS feed from:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.xml>

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and 
worm-free!

Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting the 
list website at:
<http://mail.tft-bbs.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/mac-access/options/>

Reply via email to