Hello Jane

Actually, we have had chance now to play around with this both with and without
VoiceOver being active. Whilst we, Gordon and I, both agree that there are some
seemingly odd definitions of controls in places, there isn't anything which is
not navigable, useable, or which is seriously broken when VoiceOver is
activated. Using VoiceOver, both Gordon and myself were able without too much
difficulty once we figured out the seemingly odd behaviour with VoiceOver in
certain elements of the main windows, , to use iTunes without difficulty. As
you say, it is just a matter of familiarising yourself with the new interface
and with VoiceOver's interaction with it.

Of course, visually, iTunes doesn't change when you turn VoiceOver on. Though
I'm not in any way going to go down this road, I wish the same thing could be
said on other platforms with other accessibility solutions. However, here we
are only concerned with Mac OS and iOS and their use. So our verdict is that
Apple has done quite a good job with iTunes 11 overall. Certainly, once you get
used to it, the new interface does offer some very nice functionality. For
instance, I know this probably isn't totally new behaviour; but we do like the
way that when you scroll down a list of albums in the album window, the list of
displayed tracks changes accordingly. This never used to happen in this dynamic
way in the old version of iTunes the way we had it configured. So it's really
nice to be able to see that functionality. I haven't tried yet; but I would
imaging that one can probably just right click on an album now and do things
like burn it to disk without first having to create a playlist. I never found a
way to do that with iTunes 10 or earlier,but it would be nice.

Anyway, to answer Jim's questions regarding our findings, we find it to be a
more than worth while and definitely a more than acceptable upgrade.

Lynne