Hello Chris

I would prefer to discuss this off list if that's alright. However, I'm going
to answer your questions on this one occasion. if you wish to continue the
discussion, that is fine. Please use the support address:
<supp...@mac-access.net>
and we will be happy to discuss with you, same goes for anybody.

There is a very good reason behind the policy of not allowing forwarded
messages. Actually, there are more than one; but I'll try and keep this brief.

Firstly, Mac Access was established as an independent group, where people don't
have to tolerate all of the issues which happen elsewhere.  We do not wish to
be seen as a "Dumping Ground" for all of that stuff which appears on similar
groups. That issue is the most common reason why members who leave this group
have given for doing so. They just don't want to see echoes of traffic.

Further, we are very aware that many of our European and Australian members are
restricted in terms of their broadband throughput. We do not think it is fair
that they should have to download the same stuff over and over again.

That is why we request that people remove the headers from anything they send
to the group. We make very clear our policies in the policy document which we
send everybody upon their subscription to this group. ignorance isn't an
excuse. If people don't read the document that isn't our fault. Further, it is
always available here:
<http://mail.tft-bbs.co.uk/Mac-Access-Welcome.html>
so anybody can view that document at any time.

It would appear though, and I am sorry to have to say this, that the "Softly
Softly" approach where we ask for cooperation is not working. People are simply
ignoring our requests. So, when we get time, it's going to be enforced. Our
technical person will sort that out. But we feel that the "Softly Softly"
approach, where we simply issue a gentle reminder, is just not working. So
henceforth, persistent offenders will be placed into moderation mode. We'd
rather not do that as our life style is now very busy. But it seems we have
little option. Like it or not, the policy document is going to be more
rigorously enforced for the good of the group as a whole. If people which to
send information to our group regarding something they think people should know
about, all they need to do is write to us first and then, on the assumption
that their message is okayed and the relevant consent obtained from the
original author, wee will advise them as to how to proceed.

That's all I want to say on list. If you wish to discuss this further, feel
free to use the above reply address.

Lynne

On 9 Dec 2012, at 02:45, Christopher-Mark Gilland <ch...@clgproductions.com>