Hello Will,

The Guardian crosswords are completely accessible. Go to the Guardian's
crossword page and select either quick or cryptic, then choose the Standard
version.

On the crossword page, the clues are lists under level 4 headings. Use Hotspots
to mark your place in the list of clues, then press VO-Space to jump to the
grid. Type in your answer then jump back to the Hotspot. Also, while in the
grid, you can read the clue again with VO-Cmd-number with the number
corresponding to the Hotspot you set. I use Hotspot 0 all the way through the
crossword.

You can look at the letters that are already there by using just the arrow keys
going right for across and down for down.

You can check your answer by going left from the Across clues heading and
clicking the Check button. You then jump back to your Hotspot, do VO-Space and
read the letters using the arrow keys.

It works great.

Cheers,

Anne