Hello All,

The new version 2 update of the Prizmo iOS OCR app is out, and the developers,
Creaceed, have put this app on sale as part of its launch. Prizmo 2 is a free
update for anyone who already bought the Prizmo iOS app.  The app normally
lists for $9.99 but may be purchased for $5.99 for a limited time:
• Prizmo - Scanning, OCR, and Speech (on sale for $5.99) by Creaceed
https://itunes.apple.com/app/prizmo/id366791896?mt=8

I've already tried out one new feature that will make this app useful even if
you never use this with a camera to take pictures of a document to OCR -- you
can open scanned PDFs in this app and OCR their contents.  So if someone sends
you PDF scanned documents as an attachment, you can just double tap on the
attachment and select "open in" then choose "Prizmo".  The multipage document
shows up on the main screen and you just double tap to open it. You can double
tap each page and then double tap the "recognize" button at the top right
corner, and read the text results.  They've also simplified the work flow
interface.  The PDFs can be produced by other apps or opened from file or web
sources like Dropbox, etc. (I haven't tried this yet.)

If you want to take add images to a multipage document, there's and "Add new
page" button.

In addition to the original 10 languages that were supported in version 1,
(English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish
and Norwegian).  You can get support for additional languages as free
downloads: Afrikaans, Albanian, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan,
Croatian, Czech, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, Galician, Hebrew, Hungarian,
Icelandic, Indonesian, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay,
Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swahili, Thai, Turkish,
Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.

The Prizmo support web site documentation also mentioned that for accurate OCR
from a device's camera image, at least a 3 megapixel camera is required.  Thus,
in addition to iPhone support, they state that the cameras of the iPad 3, iPad
4, and iPad mini, and the 5th generation iPod Touch can be used.  The built-in
cameras of the 2nd generation iPad and the 4th generation iPod Touch are 1
megapixel or less.

HTH.  Cheers,