Hi All,

Sorry for the last post that only clipped the price and URL information of
version 2 of the Prizmo app.  I meant to add a few other enthusiastic comments.
 Not only is it easier to do an OCR, because if VoiceOver is on, and the page
size has been selected, the app will actually tell you when you are too far to
the left or right or need to move your camera, but you can export the OCR
results in either PDF or text and use the "open in" function for compatible
apps.  Since I have VoiceDream reader, I can open the exported text in that
app, and to go along with Prizmo's support of different languages, I can read
the text in InfoVox voices for different languages. Also, although I'm not
using this facility, you can adjust the font size of the text that you've
exported either as PDF or Text format when you read in VoiceDream Reader, so
this is really cool if you're a low-vision user.

So to follow up on my original post, if you've been sent scanned PDF images of
documents from some bulk email distribution copying machine, you can read that
perfectly well with the Prizmo app -- even on iOS devices without good cameras
like the earlier iPod Touch models or earlier generation iPads.  And the export
function works to put text into Dropbox, too. Plus you can store these
documents in VoiceDream Reader, and read multiple language outputs, and use
large fonts and highlighting.

Since Prizmo supports a whole set of new languages, you could probably even use
this to read documents in some languages without supported voices, by copying
the OCR text results to clipboard, and pasting into a translating app like
Google Translate just to us the voice support for reading other languages.  I
think someone asked about Hebrew voice support on the Mac, and that's one of
the text languages Prizmo can OCR, and that Google Translate can read aloud.
I'll have to fool around with the Russian language download for Prizmo and try
it out.

Cheers,