From: mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net
[mailto:mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net] On Behalf Of Isaac Hebert
Sent: 22 May 2013 14:49
To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
Subject: Re: Urgent Help Infovox has made voiceover Unusable.

If you have the install package their is a uninstaller in the folder.
Next if you are running a trial of infovox  a message will pop up asking do
you want to buy it or uninstall it choose the uninstall
button and you will  uninstall it.   You also might have to remove it
manually First you have to delete it from your applications folder, then
search all your library folders including your user folder for Infovox
stuff. You also have to remove the Infovox key from the keychain...

On 5/22/13, David Griffith <d.griff...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> I need urgent help with getting rid of infovox.
>
> I turned on my Mac this morning to find voiceover intoning this is an
> evaluation copy of Infovox.
> I have used command Vo cursors keys to change the default voice back
> to Alex but this has made little difference. Whilst I can now access
> some feedback through Alex of window titles etc Infovox is still
> preventing me from getting to the content voice setting in Voiceover
> Utility to try and turn it off. No matter what I do I cannot get
> Voiceover to do anything except say "This is an evaluation copy of
> Infovox."
> I tried using command A to open the application folder interacted with
> it and then typed Infovox and then press command delete to try and get
> rid of it. No joy.
> I then tried to remember how to get to the Utilities table and did
> succeed in getting to the Voices tab which Alex announced. I tried
> using item chooser, typed Graham to try and find the Infovox voice.
> Item chooser did seem to find something but again I cannot get any
> feedback when returning to the main screen beyond "this is an
> evaluation copy of Infovox.
> I tried again to use Voiceover utility and then using item chooser and
> then typing default to see if that could get me back to default settings.
> Unfortunately this did not work.
>
> This design is very hostile to visually impaired users as it assumes
> you can see to get rid of Infovox. It should instead return control to
> the default voice. . If you evaluate Infovox you must get rid of it
> before evaluation expires or buy it. I will never do this after this
> experience.
>
> In the meantime my Mac is unusable.
>
> Is there anybody who could give me a key by key description of what
> keys to press under Mountain Lion in order to hit the restore defaults
> button and then confirm it?
>
> Alternatively is there anybody who can send me a portable settings
> file, again with key by key instructions on how to install it without
> any feedback from Voiceover beyond this is an evaluation copy of
> Infovox??
>
> David Griffith

> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
at

> As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to
> ensure that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware,
> Trojan, virus and worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace
> your own security strategy.  We assume neither liability nor
> responsibility should something unpredictable happen.

   Isaac Hebert
iMessage 2547608981
Skype  gold_wildcat  facebook and email
isaac.heb...@gmail.com

worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by
visiting the list website at: