Hello,
I am running Mavericks with the recent update to Apple mail.
My mail server is gmail and is set up as imap .

When I look at the trash mail folder on my iMac I see lots of copies of each
message I have been composing. A copy seems to be taken each time I press the
delete key and / or the backspace key. If I look on my iPhone I also see all
these message copies in the trash folder so they must be stored in the trash
folder on the gmail server.

Taking all these copies clearly consumes communication bandwidth and iMac and
gmail storage space. that is bad.

I have searched google for information on gmail and Mavericks and am now
thoroughly confused! SO far I have not seen any information on multiple copies
of messages which I am composing. Pressing the delete key on a message in the
mail inbox or any other folder will move that message to the trash folder which
is to be expected. Could there be an Apple mail bug such that pressing the
delete key to edit a message I am composing also moves that to the trash
folder?

Can anyone cast any light on this?

Best regards....

Paul Hopewell