It is my understanding that when you purchase apps from the app store,
you get unlimited updates for free. This is Apple law I believe.
If a developer wants to charge for an update in the app store, then
they have two means of doing so. They can invoke functionality that is
only accessible through an in-app purchase. Or they can submit the app
again with a slightly modified name (usually adding a number or
increasing the number at the end of the name), therefore a brand new
app to purchase.

On 12/19/13, Zachary Kline <zkl...@speedpost.net> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> Updates have nearly always in my experience been free. I’ve known a few
> cases where an app developer charges a fee for a new version, but that seems
> to be quite rare, especially on the Mac App Store.
> Best,
> Zack.
> On Dec 19, 2013, at 11:47 AM, Mark Furness <flintma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok, here is a stupid question.
>>
>> All my updates so far, have had no cost.
>> If I was to purchase Abby fine reader from the mac store, will there be
>> additional cost as it is updated?
>>
>> Mark

>> mac-access@mac-access.net
>>
>> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
>> at either the list's own dedicated web archive:
>> or at the public Mail Archive:
>>
>> As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure
>> that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and
>> worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
>> strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
>> unpredictable happen.
>>
>> Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by
>> visiting the list website at:

> mac-access@mac-access.net

> or at the public Mail Archive:
>
> As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure that
> unpredictable happen.

> visiting the list website at:

or at the public Mail Archive:
Subscribe to the list's RSS feed from: