Whether it's a bunch of people trying to put a class action suit on apple or
not is immaterial.  I'm sorry, but when you spend as much money on a phone as
the Iphone costs, you really don't expect it to bend, regardless of whether
it's in your back pocket, front pocket, side pocket, or no pocket.  The problem
is, apple should have planned for this, and the fact that they didn't simply
means they're getting a bit lax about their testing.  It's all well and good to
tell people not to do something, but you know as well as I do, that doesn't
work.
How many times have you been told on a mailing list to trim extraneous text
from your replies, and how many of us actually do so?
Apple also advised folks not to use the macbooks on your lap, as they do tend
to get hot, but folks are still doing that too.
It's not a people using the phone issue, it's an apple engineering issue.
I know from experience that bending the Iphone will indeed cause it to break, I
had an iphone 3g or 3gs (don't know which one it was) that happily exploded
when it got dropped, the whole front glass just popped right off, the circuit
board broke in half, and it leaked acid all over the place.  I still have the
(unbroken) glass if anyone wishes to validate my story.  Obviously, I couldn't
keep the rest of the phone, because it was releasing toxic fumes into the air,
so it needed trashed (outside) And, this one was inside a case when it fell
(aprox 3 feet off a desk).
I've never heard of this sort of thing happening before, but the whole thing
with the Iphone 6 jst underscores the problem companies have when building
consummer devices, testing needs to be exhaustive, and yes, that includes
putting them in pockets, suitcases, leaving them outside, and all manner of
things folks are going to do with them when they own them.  Is it apple's fault
folks carry phones in their back pockets? No, but you can't tell me that apple
doesn't know people do this, so whether they recommend it or not, it needs to
be allowed for when the device is designed, because it's a fairly common
practice.  If you're not going to engineer for it, then you need to put
disclaimers or warnings on the packaging, advising folks not to do this.  I'm
fairly confident apple's packaging and instructions don't have any clauses in
them advising folks not to carry the iphone 6 in their back pockets.  If
they're going to claim it's not their fault, then they need to provide some r
 eason why it isn't, and just saying people are idiots is *not* a defense, if
it were, there'd be a whole lot less lawsuits in this world.

the list's public Mail Archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we always strive to ensure that the
Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free.
However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy.  We assume
neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.