Darren wrote:

Linux containers:
I'm trying redhat on vpc4, I realize this is not what you had in mind when you asked but you do have interesting choices for container size and type under vpc4. Well, like most of my first installs of redhat a hour and a bit where wasted. My own fault naturally, anywho I'll let you know how I get on in another hour and a bit. :) Fdisk was a bit scarey, I figured it would not look further than the allocated hardfile, wrong there. No damage or success so onward we go.

Anyone used vpc4+ in this way?

Well I never liked Redhat anyway.
Running mandrake 7.2 instead, better formatting utility, better choice of packages, no problems making a boot disk which is where RH7 got stuck. Also not stuck using a fat32 filesystem, any speed increase is welcome.
All up the emulation runs rather well, equal or fast to the win95 file. No driver problems so far
Still some networking bugs to sort out but its moving along nicely, shame I dont have 9gb to spare and only gave the image 2gb, still a good result.
Now can I get b2 to run a 68k pc emulator. ;)

Cheers